Lovestorread

Lovestorread

To Wed in Scandal (A Scandal in London Novel)

To Wed in Scandal (A Scandal in London Novel) - Liana LeFey I won this book so I feel bad not giving it a great review. My issues with the story are simple. The angst that Sabrina went through over her decision about marrying was to long and drawn out. I wanted to slap her and say Get. Over. IT. The next thing is that in most historicals the usual type "Terror of the Ton" does not after one meeting reform and marry. It usually takes work on the ladies side to catch her rake. I blinked and it was over. Next, Lord Fairford won't look in her direction one minute then he does the next. There is no build up as to what makes any of these things happen. Sabrina says this is the way of it and waalaa ..there it is. The story theme itself is very good. I think it had alot of merit. Ms LeFey makes a good point about people not being what they seem. I don't judge an author on one book. I don't think thats fair. I have a lot of authors I love who have now and again wrote a book I wasn't thrilled with. I'm going to buy another by this author and see what happens :)