Lovestorread

Lovestorread

The Seduction of Lady Phoebe

The Seduction of Lady Phoebe - Ella Quinn I received an ARC for an honest review. Right off the bat I will say the thing I didn't like. The heroine, Lady Phoebe got on my nerves with her attitude about the hero Lord Marcus. When they met when she was 15 and he was 20 he was being sent away because he was getting into trouble and when he saw her, just before he left, he fell in love. He was drunk and tried to hug her and accidently brushed her breast. His intent of asking her to go to Gretna Green. A drunken mistake I know but hardly a severe or a mild molestation. She punched him in the face knocked him down gave him a nose bleed, told him off. End of problem . Five seconds over..done. Right??? Wrong.!! Eight years later he comes back and stills loves her. He is a grown man and of course has changed and regretful. Of course our heroine is so traumatized that the one incident affected the last eight yrs of her life. Huh??? The story is poor Lord Marcus trying to show Lady Phoebe how trustworthy he can be after the "horrible thing" he did and earn her hand in marriage. She spends 98% of the book wondering if she can trust him again. " Maybe he will turn again later" Turn into what????? Even when the poor guy is busting his butt trying to save her from a ruthless cur. She is so back and forth her family finally steps in. What I like is Lord Marcus. He has the patience of a saint. I would have told her to take a walk and wooed someone else. The families were fun and his and her friends were nice. I spend most of the book frustrated with her over the top feelings about the "incident".