Lovestorread

Lovestorread

Highland Rake

Highland Rake - Terry Spear When I first started reading years ago it was always Highland books. Over the years my tastes have traveled all over the place. In Highland Rake I found a refreshing step back into the books I remember that use to make me hunker down and smile. Lady Alana has had her share of troubles. Her dad the Cameron clan chief and her brother were murdered. Her uncle is setting up a marriage to someone she is not crazy about, and to make matters even more stressful she can see and speak to ghosts who pop up on her when she least expects it. Trying to make sure no one notices her talking to "herself". Her dead brother was a rake who was killed by a jealous husband. Alana is the clan healer and is going out to help a clanswoman and she winds up on another clans land and is found by the MacNiells. The second to youngest brother a charming rogue named Dougald finds her and is immediately smitten. . This book is their delightful love story and the twists and turns of the death of her dad and brother. Dougald's dead sister,Seanna.... her dead brother, Connell... are along for a comical ride. I read this book start to finish and didn't stop. I fell in love with Dougald and Alana.